Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account or otherwise access certain features or content on our website.
- Social networks through which you may access the Services or otherwise interact with us.
- Our affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we may collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number.
- Demographic information, such as age, date of birth, gender, job information, and postal code.
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers.
- Payment and financial details, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, billing address, and bank account number.
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server. Certain features of the Services may use local shared objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with the Services. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we may collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser).
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor).
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
This information helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request.
- Send you information or materials you request.
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Services.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies.
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To third parties we use to support our operations and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Cowtan & Tout, users of the Services, or others.
- With your consent, to certain third-party partners whose products or services may be of interest to you.
- Otherwise with your consent.
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out more about this by visiting www.aboutcookies.org.
We primarily use two different types of cookies on this website: (1) Strictly Necessary Cookies and (2) Analytics Cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features and services, such as accessing secure areas of the website. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
Analytics Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All the information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is used only to improve a website’s services.
Specifically, we use Google Analytics Cookies. Information collected by the Google Analytics cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America in accordance with its privacy practices. To see an overview of privacy at Google and how this applies to Google Analytics, visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/#toc-analytics. You may opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
If you do not want us to use your email address/contact information to promote our products or services, you can opt out at any time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. By registering for an event or creating an account, you agree to receive email communications with specific details about any events you are registered for, as well as promotional emails inviting you to future events. If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
Accessing and Changing Your Information
You can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account or sending us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Where we process your data on the basis that you have consented to such processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at:
Cowtan & Tout
148 39th Street, Space 319
Brooklyn, NY 11232
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not directed to, and Cowtan & Tout does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cowtan & Tout is based in the state of New York in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, it will be necessary for us to transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
Additional Information for Individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA)
If you are in the EEA, it is your right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. You can request a copy of such personal information, and ask us to update, correct or supplement it, by contacting us using the information below. You can also ask us to stop using your personal information, or erase it from our systems. In some circumstances we may not be able to fully comply with your request (if this is the case, we will explain why we can’t), or we may ask you to provide us with additional information, for example, if we need to verify your identity.
Cowtan & Tout
148 39th Street, Space 319
Brooklyn, NY 11232
By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use the Cowtan & Tout website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and "Us", refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of United States. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Cowtan and Tout, inc. and our Parent company, Colefax And Fowler owns the intellectual property rights for all material on the Cowtan & Tout website. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from www.cowtan.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from www.cowtan.com without permission.
- Sub-license material from www.cowtan.com
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from www.cowtan.com without permission.
- Redistribute content from www.cowtan.com (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
Hyperlinking to Our Content
The following organizations may link to our website without prior approval:
- Search engines.
- News organizations.
- Online directory distributors when they list us in the directory may link to our website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the websites of other listed businesses.
- Design Centers in which we have representation through our own corporate showroom or agent affiliate showrooms.
- These organizations may link to our home page, or to other website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way misleading; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party's site.
We may consider and approve in our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- Affiliate agent showroom distributers.
- Educational institutions.
No use of Cowtan & Tout brands logos or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our webpages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third-party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of Links From Our Website
If you find any link on our website or any linked website objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
While we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- Limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law;
- Exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
All information included in this website, such as text, graphics, photos, logos and images are provided by Cowtan & Tout, Inc. may be used for informational purposes only, are the exclusive property of Cowtan & Tout, Inc., and are protected by United States and International copyright laws.
Copyright 2022 Cowtan & Tout. All rights reserved. Cowtan & Tout and Larsen are registered trademarks of Cowtan & Tout, Inc. Colefax and Fowler and Jane Churchill are registered trademarks of Colefax Group PLC. Manuel Canovas is a registered trademark of Manuel Canovas S.A. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.